Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Take this job and shove it?

I've been job hunting for four months and am getting really frustrated. A lot of folks just don't care to return phone calls. And frankly, I'm tired of being desperate so I don't follow up on them either.

Anyway, I received a call today from a health club in town. It's a really good one and they are expanding to include a 4th location in Lubbock. And this will be a sales position. Basically what it involves is me showing you the curious "just looking" customer the facilities and hopefully have you enroll in the end. Sounds easy, right? And the perk is even greater.

No, the money's not so hot but I've pretty much resigned to the fact that Lubbock doesn't pay well. I really want the sales experience under my belt and some hot sales numbers so that I can soar to greater heights.

No, the perk is I get to exercise FOR FREE!!!!! I may even regain my svelte figure of the 20s afterall.

So, what do you think? Shall I do it for experience and a little savings money until something better comes along?

No comments: