Saturday, January 19, 2008

Paralyzed by Cold

Hello, here's a warm welcome from the Windy City.
Today is a purported -7 degrees, with a real feel of -17 degrees.
As I got up to close the vents on the rooms we are not using, to maximize heating in other areas of the house, and to minimize wastage, I felt a draft coming from a window near the vent. I pulled the curtains apart and saw this: Frost gathering INSIDE my window.




And ICICLES and frost INSIDE my kitchen window:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeremy: Makes things down here seem downright toasty by comparison. BTW, send me your e-mail address and I'll send you the highest res I have of the pansy-snow picture.

Patrickl: Wow, that sucks. I totally feel your pain. This month in NYC seems to have been one long seesaw between frigid and dry and slightly less frigid but pouring rain. It's not even remotely pretty like snow.

Channing: Wow, that looks rough. I was in Boston last week. We got between 8 - 10 inches of snow my first night there. I was not happy.

There is nothing cute or fun about snow. It is just white, fluffy evilness.

No comments: