Thursday, December 27, 2007

What're some of your favorite gifts this year?

I haven't opened presents yet. In fact, Christmas is late this year. I have sent out some cards but still falling behind. We are working on our newsletter and will be mailing them out by January end if we are lucky.

Somehow, Christmas is not Christmas (to this quasi Christian with a smattering of pagan) without family (thankfully, my sil and the family are arriving today after being stalled in the bad weather in Iowa last night) and surprises, in the form of presents.

Of presents, what are your favorite this year?

M surprised me yesterday after work by driving me to this strip mall that is home to an REI, sports equipment, furniture shop and Men's Wearhouse! Which confused me greatly. Then we started walking toward the furniture store, and my mind started working overtime. He had 2 beds picked out and wanted me to decide on the one I want. You see, we've never owned a bed for more than a decade we've been together, and have always relied on box springs and that steel bed frame thingy. And for the last year, we've been sleeping on a mattress on the floor!

So, there, my Christmases are starting to come together -- M's thoughtful surprise, family rolling into town and their surprised looks on the faces, holiday newsletter in its infancy, a forecast that calls for 6 inches of snow, and good friends like you to share this seemingly dull observation with.

Because there is the so-called 12 days of Christmas, it is not too late for me to blog out a collective Happy Holidays to you all and a Prosperous New Year ahead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeremy: Right back atcha.
Jeremy: Oh yeah... money :) The bestest gift of all. That and the joy of living these days.
Melissa: Wow!!! I really can't top this! I love this blog. It shows the true spirit of Christmas. Family and truly being thankful for even the small things (not that a new bed is a small thing, because that would be an enormous thing to me too! You know what I'm trying to say, though!) Thanks for posting this. I hope that when you're able to celebrate with your family, that it will be a wonderful Christmas! Merry Christmas, Ling! And here's hoping that I'll be able to visit your way some time in 2008!

No comments: