Saturday, June 3, 2006

It's a Good Thing

I was asked to take donations via the phone lines for the Children's Miracle Network today. It's an event that's televised live sprinkled with national programming about the CMN.

It's interesting how some people are so enamoured by local TV newcast celebrities. Don't get me wrong. This veteran news team is professional and you got to admire them for thinking fast on their feet, and being so undistracted by all that's going on around them.

The event is enlightening. I only fielded two calls in 1 hour, and most donations only came in after viewers were courted by the hosts, and personal story of this local kid who appeared with his family. He was the victim of a teenager's driving. Poor thing, his face and eye were disfigured from the accident, and they had to mend the area by taking skin grafts.

Anyway, I did my good deed for the day, and it feels good.

Oh, I definitely don't have the face nor hair for TV. Next time, put moonface on the back row, PLEASE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amy: You are such a good girl. And isn't Moonface a Chinese dish. I like mine with shrimp, extra spicy - no MSG!

And quite frankly Miss Ling, most TV news people suck ass. You know that and I know that. They are girls with pretty faces but often little else. Oh wait, they have good hair.

I have suffered through way too many of their "interviews" waiting to ask real questions to have much real respect for them.

No comments: