Saturday, June 24, 2006

Georgia still on my mind

I had the good fortune to return to Augusta for training last week. While I didn't get a chance to catch up with everybody, I did do a great deal of catching up with my ole friends from Augusta and Columbia, return to my old house that I'm renting, and got a trip down to Savannah and this time, really indulge in it.

The last time I was in Savannah was about 10 years ago with my good friend Sinclair. It was an impromptu trip to Jacksonville and we stopped in Savannah to see the squares, riverfront, and have lunch. It was also a trip where he introduced me to Monty Python Sings, when I got to pretend to be his subservient Asian mail-order bride to his friend (we fooled him good) and on the ride home, got soaked one side of me when his beat-up soft-top convertible on his gorgeous piece of antique gave slightly in a rainstorm. Oh, it was also a trip which my then-boyfriend got really pissed at me for taking a trip with another guy.
If it weren't so humid in the South, I will glad move back and be with y'all again. But I can't deprive the other states my temporary presence.

Anyway, for those of you who had not been to Savannah, here are pics: Beautiful Ole Savannah

Oh, and don't forget to click the other links below that read Savannah Misc., Savannah Architecture, Augusta 6/06

Another thing about the photo gallery for those not familiar with the interface: Click on the thumbnail to get the pic. Then click on the pic again to get a bigger pic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Sinclair: Baby, if I could make my car spill on you again, I would. You were the perfect mail-order bride -- you even sang along to "I Like Chinese" with me. What can I say? We'll ALWAYS have Savannah.

No comments: