Friday, May 11, 2007

Random acts of sweetness to little ole me

It's such a great feeling to be thought of by a friend, out of the blue to boot!

Yesterday, I finally got to an e-mail from K if I had received a package from her. When I got home, I found it tucked between the front doors.

It was no mere packet but a big USPS box and it felt heavy.

She had sent me some Chinese medicine I had requested a while back and added a few surprises like snacks and a housewarming gift. The most interesting thing is, we haven't even met! Maybe I should keep it that way.

Now, I have to admit I felt really touched and special and I loveeeee surprises and presents! It's been a while since any friend had randomly thought of getting me a gift. Geez, I can't remember the last time I got a birthday card from a bunch of folks, except from C, who always sends me cards and when I visit, pack me some nice SEAsian desserts for the road. And there's John Sinclair, who will rise to the occasion of making me mixed CDs for the long road trips the 2 times I relocated since knowing him.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeremy: Aww. That's awesome. Hope you're doing well.

Thanks, guys, for the reminder that I am special to you. I can't wait to start gifting to you. Afterall, I love shopping.

No comments: