Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I can't believe it happened to us

We attended a pay per view UFC at a nice bar the other day. It was the much anticipated fight between Liddell and Rampage. Anyway, when we left the bar around midnight, we ran into a bunch of youths and smokers at the parking lot who told us that we missed the real fight outside the bar. OK, whatever.

On the way home, Mark noticed that our driver side rearview mirror had been moved. And of course, we were worried that the mirror was broken by some drunk at the bar and there were scratches on the mirror. None of that. Whew!

So all was well until we headed over to our friends' house on Sunday to meet up for a downtown Chicago romp. Returning from Chicago in their car, Mark asked me if I had noticed an indentation on the back passenger door. OMG, the four of us ran over to our parked car and we saw this huge, deep, verticle dent all along the door. And we knew it. We had been the innocent victim of some raging testosteroned fellas outside the bar the night before. Someone must've slammed the other fella into the side of our car.

Most of us have been victims to dings from supermarket carts and scratches from botched parallel parking. But to be on the receiving end of some brainless, irresponsible beefcake parking lot fights really takes the cake for me. The worst part is there's not a single responsible witness who bothered to report the act and take names. That truly chaps my ass.

Anyway, the update on the car. The heat today has popped the dent out a lot, much to our delight, and there's still a fist-sized dent along the ridge of the car. We are hoping that we don't have to break into our insurance to take care of that. Maybe the summer heat will take care of that last remaining dent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob: Sorry to hear about that. But your car could have been an accessory to murder! ha ha ha.

Jeremy: What the hell? I hope you find those dudes and chop their nuts off.

Christina: I am SO SORRY to hear about this. I got my car keyed one time outside a bar but nothing like a huge body-caused dent! Hopefully the heat will pop it out. If not, there are ways a good body shop guy or mechanic can pop out dents using some special tools they have.

Melissa: I'm so sorry it's taken me forever (and a day!) to respond to this!! But, ARGH!!! That makes me so mad for you! I want to say I can't believe people could be so irresponsible, but... I'm starting to find out that a lot of people out there really are. *sigh* And then when you throw alcohol into the mix, they become dumber than belly button lint. What's worse, I doubt those guys even remember throwing punches around your car. They're probably blissfully unaware that they were dumb-farts. I'm sorry!!! I hope the dent continues to pop out! Keep us posted!

No comments: