Saturday, April 8, 2006

Been there, done that. Enjoying the moment.

It just occurred to me this afternoon after I returned from the garage sale (which I made a profit of $215 for having sold 40 items), settled into the couch with M and dinner and watching the Masters, that I AM WATCHING THE MASTERS!

I am not watching the Masters Golf tourney and dealing with the stress of my colleagues, and damning the rain delay. I am enjoying the Masters for the first time, and in front of my 50-inch flat-screen TV! Man, that National grass is splendid.

It will be difficult for those who have not worked in a newsroom to comprehend why I'm blogging this. And I bet it's extra-annoying for my Chronicle pals that I'm blogging this. Sorry, guys.

But believe you me, if you should leave the Chronicle, you will at moments wish you were back in the madness of Masters prep and toil. But you will also, like me, be hit with the realization that you are actually breathing normally for once during this week in April. And it just occurred to me in the 3rd day of the Masters that I'm kicking back and loving life.

So hate me if you must. But be sure to drop me a note when you get hit with this very moment of eureka.

Together, we'll take in the full beauty of the moment and the game.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray: DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
OK maybe not!


Christina: Reminds me of what it used to be like when we worked in Myrtle Beach during Harley Week. This year I'm going to Harley week with friends to actually ride on a Harley, not interview people doing the same!

My Response to Christina: I forgot all about that Harley Week. So which Hogan-lookalike will you be strapping yourself to?

No comments: