Sunday, September 30, 2007

A sports fanatic. Me?

Nothing like moving to a major sports city to get the excitement and enthusiasm of of sports going.

I finally understand the basics of baseball. Go Cubs! Cubs slideshow with kickass Cubs anthem
Truth be told, I hate the song. So dated. But you just gotta listen for yourself. Hysterical!

I am religious about plopping down before the tube AND reminding Mark about the Bears game, and college football on Sat, Sun and Monday nights. Go Bears! Go Bama! Go Auburn! Go Gamecocks! Go Bulldogs! Boo to alllll California teams!

And most of all, I'll be sad when football and baseball seasons are over. I think that makes me a bona fide fan. And I'm considering buying some jerseys. Hmm. Urlacher or Hester?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christina: another thing you and I have in common...between Gamecocks, Steelers, Panthers, Pitt, Penn State, Yankees, Red Sox, etc. etc. I have a busy time watching TV, reading sports sections and keeping up with ESPN Sportscenter. Then again, with everything going on, it also probably keeps me sane!

Jeremy: I used to not understand why people get so obsessed about sports or bother following them. Then I realized that we all need distractions. And a team to rally behind.

Me: Absolutely. A team with an IDENTITY and history, be it good or bad, at that. Especially in the doldrums of the impending winter, and the lazy homebodies like us!

No comments: